HOAX Live Sessions Competition Terms & Conditions
General Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the “Hoax Live Sessions Competition” competition featured in any publications and online services that are organised by Hoax 1994 Limited (“Hoax1994”) (or a third party on Hoax1994’s behalf).
- By entering the competition entrants accept these Terms and Conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for this Competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“Competition Information”). Such Competition Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these Competition Terms and Conditions and any Competition Information.
- Hoax1994 may cancel or amend this Competition, Competition Information, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted online either within the Competition Information or these terms and conditions.
- The Competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Hoax may ask Competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a Competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Hoax1994’s satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Hoax1994 reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternative winner. The minimum age limit for entrants is 14 unless specified otherwise in the Competition Information. Entrants who are under the age of 18 as at the date of submitting their entry must insert contact details of a Parent or Guardian when entering. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- Hoax 1994 Limited
- DHP Family, Kilimanjaro, CAA;
- Subsidiaries of Hoax 1994 Limited;
- Companies sharing common directors with Hoax 1994 Limited;
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the Competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
- Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize.
- Where a member of the band or solo artist who will be performing in the Competition requires the details of his/her parent/guardian to be entered onto the entry forms, Hoax1994 may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own legal name.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the Competition Information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the Competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the Competition, entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works to be performed or used in the Competition, including but not limited to. music, lyrics, photographs and drawings or other artwork such as logos, media of any kind including recordings and audio-visual media, and Hoax1994’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Any limit on the number of entries a band may make will be clearly stated in the Competition Information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the definition of “unsigned” act in this Competition means any artists currently not under contract to a record label (including a production company) or music publisher.
Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the Competition Information i.e. via webform at www.hoax1994.com/pages/livesessions The following Terms and Conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the Competition Information.
Where specified in the Competition Information as an available method of entry to the Competition, entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the Competition Information. Entrants will receive an email confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details for each person in the band, and must supply these details if required. Entrants must read and accept the Terms and Conditions relating to the online entry before proceeding with such a web entry.
- Neither Hoax1994 nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the Competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the Competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Hoax1994 or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Hoax1994 and/or not submitted in compliance with the Terms and Conditions or Competition Information will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the Competition (internet or network system), the decision of Hoax1994 shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Hoax1994 will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition.
- The prize is as specified in the Competition Information. A judging panel chosen by Hoax1994 will determine the winner of each heat and the final.
- Hoax1994 intends, but does not commit, to notify shortlisted artists within 10 days from the closing date for submissions, or as otherwise indicated in the Competition Information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Hoax1994 shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. Shortlisted Entrants will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, or email address provided when entering the Competition. If Hoax1994 is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within 3 days of the date of contact, this may result in forfeiture of being a shortlisted artist and Hoax1994 reserves the right to select an alternative artist in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Competition Information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Hoax1994’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Hoax1994’s sole discretion.
- Hoax1994 reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Hoax1994 that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
- Hoax1994 reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- Hoax1994 shall use reasonable endeavours to inform winners from the live heats on the night of the live heat events. The winners of the live heat events will be required to be available to perform a 20 minute set at the live finals held on the date, time and location specified within the ‘Competition Information. Hoax1994 reserves the right to change the date, time, and venue of the live final event at any time due to circumstances beyond its control. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Hoax1994 reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the band name or the first name and surname of the representative of the winner may be published by Hoax1994 and entrants grant to Hoax1994 a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Hoax1994 (or any third party nominated by Hoax1994) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and Competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Information, data and entrant identity (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Hoax1994 and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the Competition. Aggregate, non personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
- Hoax1994 shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Hoax1994’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Hoax1994 cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Hoax1994 is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
- Hoax1994 does not guarantee that the technical services relating to the Competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Hoax1994. Hoax1994 will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the Competition Information, Hoax1994 shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Hoax1994 reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Hoax1994 including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured, for staff training and quality control purposes.
- The promoter of the competition is Hoax1994 Limited, 41 Great Portland Street, London, United Kingdom, W1W 7LA.